Expressit provides courier and freight service all over the world. We specialize in shipments to Santiago Chile where we also have a location to serve our customers.
Why is it important to have a PO Box in the United States with Expressit in order to purchase in the USA?
You receive significant benefits such as:
- The ability to buy in many stores or virtual malls that do not sell outside of the North American market.
- Access offers and exclusive promotions offered only to U.S. residents
- Contact suppliers of raw materials, spare parts, tools, software, media etc. that are not available in your country in order to receive better pricing and lead times.
- Buy books, magazines and publications at better prices and have them before they are available in your country.
- The acquisition of materials and merchandise through the electronic market (via the Internet) and transporting it to your preferred location.
We are an established company with over twenty years of experience in handling International PO Boxes and are familiar with the secrets that make speedy and inexpensive purchasing abroad.
There are no limits to the value of your purchases. But please remember the following rules for the admission of your merchandise through customs:
- If the total value of your shipment is less than $ 1000.00, the procedures through customs in Chile will be made by Expressit. This stage is the fastest and occurs on the day of arrival in Chile.
- If the total value of your shipment is over $ 1000.00, customs clearance must be performed by a customs agent, in which case we will contact you with a qualified professional.
For courier shipments:
- Shipments sent through courier service will have a weight limit of 35 kg per box.
- the package may not exceed 100 linear inches.
- Small and urgent packages will be sent via courier service for fastest service.
- When shipments are larger than 77 lbs (35kg), Expressit offers alternative transport service via air or ocean freight.
- There is generally no limits in weight or volume in shipments sent through cargo aircrafts but there are size limits. Please inquire for exact sizes.
- According to international rules governing air transport, there are products which are considered hazardous materials that could cause damage to the aircraft or risk to passengers and crew such as fuel, pesticides, corrosives, explosives, aerosols, perfumes and flammable items containing alcohol, among others which must be authorized the United States in order to be transported. Special requirements may apply.
- Make up, creams, and over the counter medications have certain restrictions for entry into Chile. For these items special forms and a simple declaration must be submitted for approval by ISP (Instituto de Salud Pública). This procedure incurs additional charges. The approval process takes approximately 5 business days.
- Expressit does not transport cash, precious jewelry, precious metals, pornography, firearms, drugs, alcoholic beverages, or perishable groceries.
- If you are interested in purchasing special products for shipment to Chile, you should consult with Expressit’s customer service team prior to finalizing the purchase in to assure a full understanding the shipping charges associated with the product.
- Vegetable products or livestock. They are inspected and approved by the Agricultural and Livestock Service (SAG).
- Food, chemicals and medicine. They are inspected and licensed by the Department of Metropolitan Environmental Health (SESMA) and / or National Health Service (NHS).
- Articles containing boundary entry into Chile. They are reviewed and approved by the Director of Borders and Boundaries (DIFROL).
- Make up, creams, and over the counter medications have certain restrictions for entry into Chile. For these items special forms and a simple declaration must be submitted for approval by ISP (Instituto de Salud Pública). This procedure incurs additional charges.
- Documents such as general correspondence, magazines, newspapers and catalogs are free in limited quantities.
- Usually products with low declared values (less than USD $30).
- As a rule, all imported products into Chile generally pay duty as follows:
- A general tariff of 6% on the CIF value (invoice value + insurance (2%) + theoretical freight, 18% VAT on the CIF value + General Tariff, storage tax 0.97 + VAT (up to 7 days)
Yes. Due to certain special trade agreements in Chile, some products are exempt from certain duties. Please inquire for more information:
* The Free Trade Agreement between Chile and USA, requires that the products be manufactured in USA. If the product has a value up to USD $2500.00 the vendor only has to include on the invoice the text “MADE IN USA”. If the product value is above $2500.00 it is required that the provider attach a certificate of origin to merchandise.
According to international standards (IATA) those goods that are lightweight and high volume, should be calculated with the volumetric weight. If the weight is larger than the volume, the weight will be used to calculate the cost of the shipment. If weight volume is larger than the weight, the weight volume will be used to calculate the cost of the shipment.
Package distribution companies such as USPS, UPS, Fedex, Lasership, ect… offer various options for deliveries such as Next Day Air, 2-3 days Priority service, and ground service (approximately 7 days). Service costs depend on the type of service requested.
All items received in the offices of Expressit in Miami until 10:00am (Monday through Friday) are eligible to be shipped the same day. They are transported by air to Santiago in just 24 hours.
For shipments of greater weight or volume, we offer great economic alternative transportationvia Air Cargo. Departures from Miami are currently available twice a week. Another optionwhich may be more economical is transportation via Ocean Freight. Shipments depart from Miami to Valparaiso or San Antonio and take about 15 to 20 days to arrive.
For those duty-free products, such as correspondence, journals, publications and samples of no commercial value, Expressit processes them to be available the same day.
For goods which their acquisition value is less than $ 1000.00 our dedicated staff presents the completed documentation to customs for speedy clearance, making the merchandise available the same day the flight arrives.
Those products, whose total value are equal to or greater than US $ 1,001.00 should be processed by a customs broker (which has been arranged with the customer). Expressit will forward them the necessary documentation in order for them to finish the customs clearance process.
If the value of the goods purchased plus the domestic freight in United States to the address in Miami, is $1001.00 or more, a customs broker must be involved in order to perform the necessary procedures for entry into Chile. Once the duties and taxes have been paid the merchandise is then delivered.
Payments from import duties and taxes are funded by Expressit when the product enters Chile. When the customer receives the product Expressit seeks repayment of the amount paid for this item. If desired they can be paid in advance in Miami.
Each time a customer receives a product in Santiago, we give notice via email or phone informing that the merchandise has arrived and is available for pickup. If delivery is needed, arrangements can be made according to the location for the next business day.